Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meditation: Will Anything Happen? (cartoon)

June 2010, Wisdom Quarterly
Trent sings "Will Anything Happen?" by Blondie. Daria Morgendorffer sits cross-legged.
   
I always said you could make it. I know what I said, and I meant it. I always liked the way you wandered like a star. I always knew that someday you'd go far. And if you do, will anything happen?

Will it come true, will anything happen? Will light see you again? Light said it'd be through here again. Please don't forget I'm here waiting. Light always said that it would never change like the people that you've met and the places that you've been.
  
And if you do, will anything happen? Will it come true, will anything happen? Will light see you again? Will light see you again?
   
I always said you could make it. Just don't forget that I said it. 'Cause I always liked the way you wandered like a star. And I always knew that someday you'd go far. And if you do, will anything happen? Will it come true, will anything happen? Will light see you again? Will light see you again? Will light see you again? And if I do, will anything happen?
  • What is a nimitta? It is a learning or counterpart-sign, a light produced by the mind in meditation that becomes the object only when it becomes established at the point of concentration.
  • Attachment, even to the good, is something to abandon. But first make use of it. The sign is a treasure to protect, to cultivate, to bring to culmination. It is associated with bliss. Equanimity awaits.

No comments: