Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Tizzy" the Traveling Priestess (video)

"Travelling-Priestess" Tiziana Stupia (travelblog.org)
() In the footsteps of Alexander the Great: adventurer Michael Wood embarks on a 2000-mile journey from Greece to India with Afghan guerrillas to the Kalasha.

I am a Sicilian-German woman who lived in the UK for 15 years. I left England in 2007 for an overland trip (mainly by train) to northern Asia that has taken me far from Leamington Spa.



I traveled through [Christian and Pagan] Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, [to Buddhist] Siberia, Mongolia, China, Tibet, Nepal, and [Muslim] Pakistan, where I celebrated the Winter Solstice festival with the [Pagan European] Kalash tribe in the Hindu Kush mountains.
I then spent five months in north India, studying yoga, meeting mystics, learning ancient [Brahminical] fire ceremonies, and working as an English teacher.

I never really settled again after that and have been living in different places in Europe.


In the autumn of 2010, I crossed the Atlantic Ocean by cargo ship from Germany to Charleston, South Carolina.

I then made my way through the USA by train to New Mexico, where I lived for nine months to study at The Ayurvedic Institute.

I have just completed another big trip and crossed the Pacific Ocean by cargo ship from Savannah, USA to Sydney, Australia. I currently live in Queensland.


It is my dream to travel the whole world without flying, to appreciate the journey and not just the destination. I am an Ayurvedic consultant, yoga teacher, writer, and priestess.



So my focus on these trips is usually on the ancient rituals and customs of the indigenous tribes and current population of the countries I visit. I spend much time connecting with sacred sites and energies of the land.
More
Hidden India has many Buddhist treasures
Recognized by UNESCO as a world heritage site, the 1,000-year-old Tabo Buddhist monastery, situated in northern India's Spiti Valley by the Spiti River, sits at an altitude of 13,000 feet. It is located in the Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is full of treasures like 1,000-year-old wall paintings on its walls drawn in the same style as the Ajanta and Ellora caves. They are preserved by the cold, high mountain air with little rainfall.

No comments: