Monday, August 24, 2009

Sounds in Space

We have company in space and in the universe, lots of it. That is to say, humans are not alone.

"I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one." -- US President Jimmy Carter

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously." -- Mikhail Gorbachev

"I can assure you the flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth." US President Harry S. Truman

"Statistically it's a certainty there are hugely advanced civilizations, intelligences, and life forms out there. I believe they're so advanced they're even doing interstellar travel. I believe it's possible they may actually be on earth now." -- Astronaut Storey Musgrove

"The evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident and that indeed an alien craft did crash and that material was recovered from that crash site, says Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon in the Apollo 14 mission. Mitchell doesn't say he's seen a UFO. But he says he's met with high-ranking military officers who admitted involvement with alien technology and hardware. Cooper told a U.N. committee recently; every day in the U.S.A., our radar instruments capture objects of form and composition unknown to us. Cooper speculates that public skepticism toward UFOs will shift dramatically very soon." -- Astronaut Gordon Cooper

"I have been over the years very skeptical like many others. But in the last ten years or so, I have known the late Dr. Alan Hynek -- who I highly admire. I know and currently work with Dr. Jacques Vallee. I've come to realize that the evidence is building up to make this a valid and researchable question. Further, because my personal motivation has always been to understand our universe better, and my own theoretical work has convinced me that life is everywhere in the universe that has been permitted to evolve, I consider this a very timely question... By becoming more involved with this serious research field, I've seen the evidence mount towards the truth of these matters. I rely upon the testimony of contacts that I have had -- old timers -- who were involved in official positions in government and intelligence and military over the last 50 years. We cannot say that today's government is really covering it up - I think that most of them don't know what is going on anymore than the public." -- Astronaut Ed Mitchell